- Established in 1995, formed under the Directorate for Standard and Quality (STAMEQ). From July, 2009 the Bureau of Accreditation (BoA) belongs to the Ministry of Science and Technology according to Decision No 1101/QĐ-TTg dated in July 23, 2009 about organization under the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Offers accreditation program for testing laboratories, medical testing laboratories, calibration laboratories, certification bodies, inspection bodies and CABs.
- Member of International Organization: APLAC (Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation), ILAC (International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation), PAC (Pacific Accreditation Cooperation) and IAF (International Accreditation Forum).
- Signatories to the APLAC and ILAC MRAs for VILAS, VIAS, VILAS-MED.
- Signatories to PAC and IAF MLA for Quality Management System (QMS), Environment Management System (EMS), Food Safety Management System (FSMS), and Product Certification.
Nearly 1000 laboratories, medical laboratories, inspection bodies and calibration bodies have been accredited